At the beginning of the school year, set your students up for success. This will help them kick-off their school year with confidence that they can be successful this year.
- Have them set small, obtainable goals. These should be short-term (one to two weeks).
- Keep encouraging them to take the steps to reach that goal.
- Ask if they need any resources or help.
- Teach them how to ask for help…many do not know how to.
- Celebrate small successes!
At Winning Futures, we believe that goals need to be written down in order for you to make a true commitment to your goal. Take time with your students to create a goal journal!